C. F. Martin & Company
As an outcome of a conflict between the Closet Makers Guild, of which Martin was a participant, and the Violin Makers Guild, Martin moved to the Usa in 1833. On arriving in New York Urban area, he opened at 196 Hudson Road on the Lower West Side. Martin's very first workshop housed a little manufacturing arrangement in the back area, and a retail popular music conserve front. This store was the sign of C. F. Martin & Company, which is still family-owned and worked, whose present Chief Executive Officer is CF Martin's great-great-great grandson, CF Martin IV as of 2007 [ upgrade ] .
At the persistence of his spouse, Ottilie Lucia Kühler (daughter of the Maschinentischler [ machine carpenter ] Karl Kühler of Vienna [ 2 ] ), Martin moved the guitar store in 1838 to Nazareth, Pennsylvania where it is still found. [ 3 ]
Martin's guitar construction and layout breakthroughs generated a style of flattop guitar that is still being used toda.
- C.F Martin & Company. "Our Story - Chapter 1: The C.F. Martin Story". http://www.mguitar.com/history/ourstory.php?chptr=1. Retrieved 2006-11-04.
- Martin's 1825 marriage entry, Vienna.
- Fieldtrip.com. "Special, Music, Industry, History -- Martin Guitar Company". http://www.fieldtrip.com/pa/07592837.htm. Retrieved 2006-11-04.
- Invention.Smithsonian.org. "C.F. Martin, Sr.". http://invention.smithsonian.org/centerpieces/electricguitar/invention.htm. Retrieved 2007-10-10.
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article C. F. Martin & Company, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.